Best served in a whisky / rocks / old-fashioned glass
Type: Short Drink
- 2 msr Bitter Lemon (Sparkling)Sparkling bitter-lemon soda, green in colour. Stronger lemon flavour than lemonade.
- 1 tspn Blue CuracaoSweet orange-flavoured liqueur, coloured blue to add effect to cocktails. Other colours such as red, green and yellow are also available.
- 1/2 msr GallianoAniseed flavoured liqueur made from herbs, roots and berries.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Italy
- 1 msr GinA spirit made by distilling unmalted grain and infusing with juniper. Popular types of gin include London Dry Gin, which has a subtle flavour and aroma, and Plymouth Gin, a dry gin from Plymouth, England
- 3/4 msr Vermouth (Dry)Vermouth is a fortified wine flavoured with herbs, bark and plant extracts. Dry vermouth is pale, golden and white-wine based.
Half fill a rocks glass with broken ice.
Shake and strain the ingredients - excluding the bitter lemon - into the glass.
Add the bitter lemon.
Garnish with a blue cherry and a lemon slice.
Note: Use Plymouth gin for an authentic cocktail.
© The Baboon Saloon