Best served in a wine glass
- 4 msr BrandySpirit distilled from wine of grapes or other fruits e.g. see Apricot Brandy, Cherry Brandy or Blackberry Brandy. Normal non-flavoured brandy is smooth to taste and amber in colour.
- 1 tblspn Caster SugarFine white sugar.
Substitute: Normal white or brown sugar, but stir or shake the cocktail well!
- 2 Lemon (Whole)Whole, fresh lemon - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 2 Orange (Whole)Whole, fresh orange - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 75 cl Red WineUse any red wine in your cocktails - unless specifically noted in the recipe.
- 20 cl Soda WaterSparkling water containing bicarbonate of soda - found in bottles in the grocery store and good for heartburn!
Squeeze the juice from one lemon and one orange.
Slice the remaining orange and lemon.
Half fill a jug with ice.
Mix all ingredients except soda in the jug to dissolve sugar.
Add soda and serve immediately.
Serves: 12 people
© The Baboon Saloon