Best served in a wine glass
Bacardi Champange Punch
- 10 cl AmarettoAlmond flavoured liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Italy
- 2 bottles ChampagneFrench sparkling wine, usually produced from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes.
Substitute: Sparkling wine, if you're on a budget!
- 5 cl GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 litre Mineral Water (Sparkling)Natural spring water that is lightly carbonated and found in bottles in the grocery store.
- 1 tin Pineapple ChunksTinned or fresh pineapple, cut into bite sized chunks.
- 5 cl Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
- 10 cl Triple SecSweet, orange Curacao.
Substitute: Cointreau if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 50 cl White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Mix all ingredients except champagne and water in a punch bowl.
Cover and chil for a few hours.
Add champagne, water and ice to serve.
Garnish with 5-10 strawberries.
Serves: 30 people
© The Baboon Saloon