Best served in a heat-proof goblet
Type: Hot Drink
- 2 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 3 msr WaterTap or bottled water - your choice.
- 1/2 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
- 1 Cinnamon StickA spice - looks like woody bark.
- 2 Clove(s)Spices that come whole in jars.
Cut half a slice of the lime.
Heat all ingredients, including half lime slice, in a saucepan.
Pour into a heat-proof goblet and serve with half a lime slice.
Note: Use Jamaican rum for an authentic drink.
© The Baboon Saloon