Best served in an Irish coffee cup
Type: Hot Drink
- 1 tspn AmarettoAlmond flavoured liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Italy
- 5 msr CoffeeBlack coffee - made from instant coffee granules or in a percolator or caffitier. Use normal strength coffee, as you would usually drink it.
- 1/2 msr Coffee LiqueurCoffee flavoured liqueur. Kahluah is made in Mexico, while Tia Maria is made in Jamaica.
Substitute: Any other coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 tbsp CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 1 msr VodkaClear, neutral spirit distilled from mashed grain and filtered through charcoal. US and UK versions are clear and odourless, while the Russian and Polish varieties have a subtle flavour and aroma.
Heat coffee and sweeten to taste.
Combine all ingredients except cream and Amaretto in a heatproof Irish Coffee glass.
Lightly whip the cream.
Float cream on top of the glass.
Top with Amaretto and a cherry if possible.
Note: Use Kahlua cof
© The Baboon Saloon