Best served in an Irish coffee cup
Type: Hot Drink
- 1/3 msr CoffeeBlack coffee - made from instant coffee granules or in a percolator or caffitier. Use normal strength coffee, as you would usually drink it.
- 5 msr CoffeeBlack coffee - made from instant coffee granules or in a percolator or caffitier. Use normal strength coffee, as you would usually drink it.
- 1 1/2 tbsp CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 1/2 msr GinA spirit made by distilling unmalted grain and infusing with juniper. Popular types of gin include London Dry Gin, which has a subtle flavour and aroma, and Plymouth Gin, a dry gin from Plymouth, England
- 1/3 msr + 1 tsp Triple SecSweet, orange Curacao.
Substitute: Cointreau if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
Heat coffee and sweeten to taste.
Combine all ingredients except cream and 1 teaspoon Triple Sec in a heatproof Irish Coffee glass.
Lightly whip the cream.
Float cream on top of the glass.
Top with remaining Triple Sec.
Use London Dry Gin a
© The Baboon Saloon