Best served in an Irish coffee cup
Calypso Coffee USA
Type: Hot Drink
- 1 tspn AmarettoAlmond flavoured liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Italy
- 5 msr CoffeeBlack coffee - made from instant coffee granules or in a percolator or caffitier. Use normal strength coffee, as you would usually drink it.
- 1 1/2 tbsp CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 1/2 msr Creme De Cacao (Dark)Chocolate flavoured liqueur made from diluted cocoa beans soaked in alcohol. Available in white or dark varieties - the dark variety is stronger in alcohol.
- 1/2 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Heat coffee and sweeten to taste.
Combine all ingredients except cream and Amaretto in a heatproof Irish Coffee glass.
Lightly whip the cream.
Float cream on top of the glass.
Top with Amaretto.
© The Baboon Saloon