Best served in an Irish coffee cup
Type: Hot Drink
- 5 msr CoffeeBlack coffee - made from instant coffee granules or in a percolator or caffitier. Use normal strength coffee, as you would usually drink it.
- 1/2 msr Coffee LiqueurCoffee flavoured liqueur. Kahluah is made in Mexico, while Tia Maria is made in Jamaica.
Substitute: Any other coffee liqueur
- 1/2 msr CognacFrench brandy distilled from white wine and matured in oak casks - VSO means very superior old; VSOP means very superior old pale; VVSOP means very very superior old (really!); XO means extremely old. Substitute: Brandy.
- 1 1/2 tbsp CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 1/2 msr Grand MarnierCognac-based Curacao liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: France
Heat coffee and sweeten to taste.
Combine with all ingredients except cream.
Add to heatproof Irish Coffee glass.
Lightly whip the cream.
Float cream on top of the glass.
Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
© The Baboon Saloon