Best served in a collins glass
Type: Champagne Cocktail
- 2 tspn BrandySpirit distilled from wine of grapes or other fruits e.g. see Apricot Brandy, Cherry Brandy or Blackberry Brandy. Normal non-flavoured brandy is smooth to taste and amber in colour.
- 1 tspn Caster SugarFine white sugar.
Substitute: Normal white or brown sugar, but stir or shake the cocktail well!
- 5 msr ChampagneFrench sparkling wine, usually produced from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes.
Substitute: Sparkling wine, if you're on a budget!
- 1 msr GinA spirit made by distilling unmalted grain and infusing with juniper. Popular types of gin include London Dry Gin, which has a subtle flavour and aroma, and Plymouth Gin, a dry gin from Plymouth, England
- 1 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
Add ingredients - excluding champagne & brandy - to a collins glass
Ensure sugar dissolves
Fill glass with ice
Add champagne to glass
Float brandy on top
Garnish with half a lemon slice & a cherry
© The Baboon Saloon