Best served in a goblet
Type: Champagne Cocktail
- 1 msr Blue CuracaoSweet orange-flavoured liqueur, coloured blue to add effect to cocktails. Other colours such as red, green and yellow are also available.
- 3 msr ChampagneFrench sparkling wine, usually produced from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes.
Substitute: Sparkling wine, if you're on a budget!
- 1 slice Orange (Whole)Whole, fresh orange - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 1/2 msr Grand MarnierCognac-based Curacao liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: France
- 1/2 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 2 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
Soak the sugar cube in the curacao
3/4 fill a goblet with broken ice
Add ingredients - excluding sugar - to glass
Float an orange slice on top
Place sugar cube on orange slice
Add short straws
© The Baboon Saloon