Best served in a whisky / rocks / old-fashioned glass
- 1 dash Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 2 msr BourbonAmerican-style whiskey distilled from fermented cereal and aged in oak casks e.g. Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, Rebel Yell.
Substitute: American blended whiskey, Tennessee whiskey
- 1 tspn Egg WhiteSeparated white from the egg. You can separate an egg by cracking it into a bowl, then scooping out the yolk carefully with a cupped hand - preferably someone else's!
- 2/3 msr Grand MarnierCognac-based Curacao liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: France
- 1 tspn MaraschinoClear liqueur made from crushed cherries.
- 1 Sugar CubeSugar in the form of a cube - rather than powdered.
Rim a rocks glass with lemon & caster sugar
Place sugar cube in glass
Add Angostura, allow to soak into sugar
3/4 fill glass with broken ice
Shake & strain remaining ingredients into glass
Add 2 cherries on a stick
Garnish with half slic
© The Baboon Saloon