Best served in a pina colada / poco glass
Strawberry & Coffee Cream Soda
Type: Long and Creamy Drink
- 1 1/2 msr Coffee LiqueurCoffee flavoured liqueur. Kahluah is made in Mexico, while Tia Maria is made in Jamaica.
Substitute: Any other coffee liqueur
- 1 msr CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 3 msr Cream SodaSweet, non-alcoholic cream flavoured soda.
- 1/2 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/2 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 2 msr Strawberries, PureedUse one of the following here - your choice:
- Whole, fresh strawberries - mashed with a fork or blended to a smooth puree.
- A tin of strawberries, blended.
- Bottled strawberry puree
- 1/2 msr Strawberry LiqueurSweet, rich strawberry-flavoured liqueur, sweeter and with a lighter proof than Strawberry Brandy - and with a lower fruit content.
Blend ingredients - excluding cream soda - with half a glass of crushed ice
Pour into a pina colada glass
Add cream soda
Garnish with a banana slice between 2 strawberry halves
Note: Use whipping cream if available
© The Baboon Saloon