Best served in a pina colada / poco glass
Love in the Afternoon
Type: Long and Creamy Drink
- 1/2 msr Caster SugarFine white sugar.
Substitute: Normal white or brown sugar, but stir or shake the cocktail well!
- 3/4 msr Coconut CreamSweet coconut cream, found in small cartons in the grocery store. Do not use coconut milk found in cans, or the liquid from fresh coconuts.
- 1/2 msr CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 2 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
- 3-4 Strawberries, PureedUse one of the following here - your choice:
- Whole, fresh strawberries - mashed with a fork or blended to a smooth puree.
- A tin of strawberries, blended.
- Bottled strawberry puree
- 1/2 msr Strawberry LiqueurSweet, rich strawberry-flavoured liqueur, sweeter and with a lighter proof than Strawberry Brandy - and with a lower fruit content.
Blend ingredients until smooth
Add 1/2 a glass of crushed ice
Pour into a pina colada glass
Garnish with a strawberry
Note: Use whipping cream if available
© The Baboon Saloon