Best served in a pina colada / poco glass
Type: Long and Creamy Drink
- 1/3 msr Blue CuracaoSweet orange-flavoured liqueur, coloured blue to add effect to cocktails. Other colours such as red, green and yellow are also available.
- 1/2 msr CointreauOrange flavoured liqueur made from orange peel soaked in alcohol.
Substitute:Triple Sec or any other orange liqueur if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 1 msr CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 2 msr Mango JuiceBottle or carton mango juice - or make your own by blending fresh mangos with water and sugar to taste.
- 1 1/4 msr Melon LiqueurMelon flavoured liqueur.
Midori is Japanese in origin.
Substitute: Any sweet, green melon liqueur.
- 1 1/2 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
3/4 fill a pina colada glass with broken ice
Shake ingredients - excluding cream & Blue Curacao
Strain into glass
Add Blue Curacao, letting it sink to bottom
Top glass with whipped cream
Garnish with seasonal fruit
© The Baboon Saloon