Best served in a collins glass
Banana & Coffee Cream Soda
Type: Long and Creamy Drink
- 1/2 Banana, PureedFresh bananas, peeled then mashed with a fork or pureed in a blender.
- 1 1/2 msr Coffee LiqueurCoffee flavoured liqueur. Kahluah is made in Mexico, while Tia Maria is made in Jamaica.
Substitute: Any other coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 msr CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 1/2 msr Creme De BananeSweet banana-flavoured liqueur.
- 1/2 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/2 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 4 msr Soda WaterSparkling water containing bicarbonate of soda - found in bottles in the grocery store and good for heartburn!
Blend ingredients - excluding soda water - with 1/2 a glass of crushed ice
Pour into a pina colada glass
Add soda water
Garnish with banana & lime slices & a cherry
Note: Use whipping cream if available
© The Baboon Saloon