Best served in a collins glass
Type: Long Drink
- 1/2 msr Apricot BrandyGrape brandy flavoured with apricots.
- 1 tspn Egg WhiteSeparated white from the egg. You can separate an egg by cracking it into a bowl, then scooping out the yolk carefully with a cupped hand - preferably someone else's!
- 3/4 msr GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
- 2 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
- 1/2 msr Overproof White RumRum is a spirit distilled from fermented sugar cane, overproof rum contains more than 50% alcohol.
Substitute: Any white rum if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 1/2 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
- 3/4 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Shake ingredients - excluding grenadine - with 3/4 glass of broken ice
Pour into a collins glass
Sprinkle grenadine on top, do not stir
Note: Use Bacardi 151 rum instead of Overproof white rum, if available
© The Baboon Saloon