Best served in a highball glass
Queen's Park Swizzle
Type: Long Drink
- 2 dashes Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 2 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/2 Lime (Whole)Whole, fresh lime - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 2 msr Soda WaterSparkling water containing bicarbonate of soda - found in bottles in the grocery store and good for heartburn!
- 1/2 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
Squeeze lime into a highball glass
Add shell, fill with crushed ice & 4 mint leaves
Add ingredients - excluding soda water - and swizzle briefly
Add soda water
Garnish with a mint sprig
Note: Use Trinidad, Demerara rum, if
© The Baboon Saloon