Best served in a highball glass
Mai Tai Swizzle
Type: Long Drink
- 1/4 msr Almond SyrupAlmond flavoured syrup - the kind used to flavour coffee.
- dash Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 1 1/2 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/2 Lime (Whole)Whole, fresh lime - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 1 msr Grapefruit JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton grapefruit juice.
- dash PernodConcentrated aniseed flavoured liqueur which turns milky when water is added.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: France
- 1/2 msr Triple SecSweet, orange Curacao.
Substitute: Cointreau if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 1 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Fill a highball glass with crushed ice
Shake & strain ingredients into glass
Add spent lime shell
Swizzle briefly to frost the glass
Garnish with a pineapple slice & mint sprigs
Note: Use Myers' dark rum, if available
© The Baboon Saloon