Best served in a highball glass
Type: Long Drink
- dash Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 1 tspn BenedictineLiqueur distilled from various herbs.
- 1 msr Cherry BrandyGrape brandy flavoured with cherries.
- 1/2 msr CointreauOrange flavoured liqueur made from orange peel soaked in alcohol.
Substitute:Triple Sec or any other orange liqueur if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 1 msr GinA spirit made by distilling unmalted grain and infusing with juniper. Popular types of gin include London Dry Gin, which has a subtle flavour and aroma, and Plymouth Gin, a dry gin from Plymouth, England
- 1/4 msr GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 1 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
- 1 msr Pineapple JuiceBottle or carton pineapple juice.
Fill a highball glass with broken ice
Shake & strain ingredients - excluding Benedictine - into glass
Sprinkle Benedictine on top
Garnish with a pineapple slice & a cherry
Note: Use very red cherry brandy
© The Baboon Saloon