Best served in the bottle
Type: Long Drink
- 200ml bottle ColaAny cola-type soda such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi or Virgin. Use diet soda if preferred.
- 1 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1 tspn GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1/2 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
- 1 tspn PernodConcentrated aniseed flavoured liqueur which turns milky when water is added.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: France
- 1/2 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Use very cold cola
Pour enough cola out of bottle to fit in remaining ingredients
Add ingredients to bottle (use a funnel)
Cover bottle firmly and invert to mix ingredients
Place bottle in a large glass
Fill glass with crushed ice
© The Baboon Saloon