Best served in a pina colada / poco glass
Planter's Punch (American)
Type: Long Drink
- dash Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 1/2 msr Creme De BananeSweet banana-flavoured liqueur.
- 1 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/2 msr GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 2 msr Mandarin JuiceBottled or carton mandarin juice - or make your own freshly-squeezed using fresh mandarins. Mandarins are small, orange citrus fruits similar in taste to tangerines.
- 1 msr Pineapple JuiceBottle or carton pineapple juice.
- 2 msr Soda WaterSparkling water containing bicarbonate of soda - found in bottles in the grocery store and good for heartburn!
- 1 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Fill a pina colada glass with ice
Shake & strain ingredients - excluding soda water - into glass
Add soda water
Garnish with seasonal fruit & a mint sprig
Sprinkle with grated nutmeg
Note: Use Myer's dark rum, if possible
© The Baboon Saloon