Best served in a highball glass
Type: Long Drink
- 1/2 msr Almond SyrupAlmond flavoured syrup - the kind used to flavour coffee.
- 1/2 msr BrandySpirit distilled from wine of grapes or other fruits e.g. see Apricot Brandy, Cherry Brandy or Blackberry Brandy. Normal non-flavoured brandy is smooth to taste and amber in colour.
- 1/2 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/3 msr GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
- 1 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
- 1 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
2/3 fill a highball glass with ice
Shake & strain white rum, brandy, orange juice, lemon juice & almond syrup into glass
Mix separately: Dark rum, grenadine & enough crushed ice to make a sherbet/sorbet
Gently add to top of glass
© The Baboon Saloon