Best served in a pina colada / poco glass
Mai Tai (Fruity)
Type: Long Drink
- 1/4 msr Almond SyrupAlmond flavoured syrup - the kind used to flavour coffee.
- 1/2 msr AmarettoAlmond flavoured liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Italy
- dash Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 1 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/2 Lime (Whole)Whole, fresh lime - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 1/2 msr Gold TequilaSpirit distilled from cactus plants in Mexico. Golden tequila is matured in oak vats for three years where it mellows and changes to a golden colour.
- 1/2 msr GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 3 msr LemonadeNon-alcoholic soda made from lemon juice, water and sugar. Can substitute diet or traditional-style lemonade if preferred.
- 1 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
- 1 msr Pineapple JuiceBottle or carton pineapple juice.
- 1/2 msr Triple SecSweet, orange Curacao.
Substitute: Cointreau if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 1/2 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Shake ingredients - excluding lemonade - with a glass of crushed ice
Pour into a pina colada glass
Add lemonade &1/2 of the spent lime shell
Garnish with orange & pineapple slices & a cherry
Serve with straws
© The Baboon Saloon