Best served in a pina colada / poco glass
Type: Long Drink
- 1/3 msr Almond SyrupAlmond flavoured syrup - the kind used to flavour coffee.
- 1/3 msr Blue CuracaoSweet orange-flavoured liqueur, coloured blue to add effect to cocktails. Other colours such as red, green and yellow are also available.
- 3/4 msr CognacFrench brandy distilled from white wine and matured in oak casks - VSO means very superior old; VSOP means very superior old pale; VVSOP means very very superior old (really!); XO means extremely old. Substitute: Brandy.
- 3/4 msr Dark RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Dark rum originates from Jamaican and is full bodied and usually matured for around 5 years.
- 1/2 msr GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 1 msr Mandarin JuiceBottled or carton mandarin juice - or make your own freshly-squeezed using fresh mandarins. Mandarins are small, orange citrus fruits similar in taste to tangerines.
- 1 1/2 msr Silver/Clear TequilaSpirit distilled from cactus plants in Mexico. Silver tequila is matured briefly in stainless steel or wax-lined vats to retain clear colour.
Add ingredients - excluding Blue Curacao, Dark Rum & Grenadine - to a pina colada glass
Add crushed ice to make a sherbet/sorbet - about 2/3 full
Add Blue Curacao with a spoon until mixture is blue/green, not bright blue
In a separate container,
© The Baboon Saloon