Best served in a collins glass
Type: Long Drink
- 1 msr CognacFrench brandy distilled from white wine and matured in oak casks - VSO means very superior old; VSOP means very superior old pale; VVSOP means very very superior old (really!); XO means extremely old. Substitute: Brandy.
- 1 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 1/4 msr Mandarine NapoleonPure spirit infused with mandarin peel and blended with cognac.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Belgium
- 4 msr Orange JuiceFreshly squeezed, bottled or carton orange juice.
- 1/4 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
- 1 msr VodkaClear, neutral spirit distilled from mashed grain and filtered through charcoal. US and UK versions are clear and odourless, while the Russian and Polish varieties have a subtle flavour and aroma.
Rim collins glass with lime & caster sugar
3/4 fill with broken ice
Shake & strain ingredients into glass
Garnish with lime slice and a cherry, add straws
Note: Use VSOP Cognac for the authentic cocktail
© The Baboon Saloon