Best served in a heat-proof goblet
Type: Hot Drink
- 1/2 cup BrandySpirit distilled from wine of grapes or other fruits e.g. see Apricot Brandy, Cherry Brandy or Blackberry Brandy. Normal non-flavoured brandy is smooth to taste and amber in colour.
- 1 Orange (Whole)Whole, fresh orange - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 1 bottle Red WineUse any red wine in your cocktails - unless specifically noted in the recipe.
- 1 Cinnamon StickA spice - looks like woody bark.
- 4 Clove(s)Spices that come whole in jars.
- 1 pinch NutmegA spice that comes whole or ground. If you have whole nutmeg, grate it before adding it to cocktails.
Chop the orange roughly and break up the cinnamon stick.
Heat the wine, orange, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg - do not allow to boil.
Leave the mixture to steep on the heat for 10 minutes.
Stir and strain into a heat-proof goblet.
© The Baboon Saloon