Best served in a champagne saucer
Type: Short Drink
- 1/2 msr AmarettoAlmond flavoured liqueur.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Italy
- 1/2 msr CointreauOrange flavoured liqueur made from orange peel soaked in alcohol.
Substitute:Triple Sec or any other orange liqueur if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 1 tspn GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Mandarin JuiceBottled or carton mandarin juice - or make your own freshly-squeezed using fresh mandarins. Mandarins are small, orange citrus fruits similar in taste to tangerines.
- 1/2 msr Mandarine NapoleonPure spirit infused with mandarin peel and blended with cognac.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: Belgium
- 1/2 msr VodkaClear, neutral spirit distilled from mashed grain and filtered through charcoal. US and UK versions are clear and odourless, while the Russian and Polish varieties have a subtle flavour and aroma.
Fill a champagne saucer with crushed ice.
Shake the ingredients and strain into the glass.
Garnish with an orange slice, a cherry and a short straw.
Note: Tangerine juice can be substituted for the mandarin juice.
© The Baboon Saloon