Best served in a highball glass
Shanghai Gin Fizz
Type: Long Drink
- 2/3 msr BenedictineLiqueur distilled from various herbs.
- 2/3 msr Chartreuse (Yellow)Liqueur flavoured with lots of different herbs - available in green or yellow varieties, green being higher in alcohol content.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: France
- 2/3 msr GinA spirit made by distilling unmalted grain and infusing with juniper. Popular types of gin include London Dry Gin, which has a subtle flavour and aroma, and Plymouth Gin, a dry gin from Plymouth, England
- 2/3 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
- 4 msr Soda WaterSparkling water containing bicarbonate of soda - found in bottles in the grocery store and good for heartburn!
- 1/2 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
1/2 fill frosted highball glass with ice
Shake & strain ingredients - excluding Soda Water - into glass
Add Soda Water
Garnish with a lemon slice & a cherry
Add straws & a swizzle stick
© The Baboon Saloon