Best served in a whisky / rocks / old-fashioned glass
Type: Short Drink
- 2 dashes Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 2 msr BourbonAmerican-style whiskey distilled from fermented cereal and aged in oak casks e.g. Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, Rebel Yell.
Substitute: American blended whiskey, Tennessee whiskey
- 1/3 msr BrandySpirit distilled from wine of grapes or other fruits e.g. see Apricot Brandy, Cherry Brandy or Blackberry Brandy. Normal non-flavoured brandy is smooth to taste and amber in colour.
- 1/3 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
- 1 tspn Herbsaint DAnisAn aniseedy liqueur. Substitute with Pernod
Frost a rocks glass.
Swirl the Herbsaint around the glass and discard any excess.
Place a large ice cube in the glass.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Garnish with a lemon twist.
Note: Use Peychaud's Bitters for an authentic cocktail.
© The Baboon Saloon