Best served in a whisky / rocks / old-fashioned glass
Type: Short Drink
- 1 dash Angostura BittersFlavour enhancer made from herbs, spices and berries. Only a few dashes are added to cocktails so a bottle lasts a long time.
- 1 tspn BourbonAmerican-style whiskey distilled from fermented cereal and aged in oak casks e.g. Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, Rebel Yell.
Substitute: American blended whiskey, Tennessee whiskey
- 1/4 Lime (Whole)Whole, fresh lime - the rind and/or shell can also be used when this is required in a cocktail.
- 1/3 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
- 1 1/2 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Fill a rocks glass with broken ice.
Squeeze the lime into a mixing glass and add the spent shell.
Stir with the remaining ingredients and strain into the glass.
Note: Use Peychaud Bitters for an authentic cocktail. Originally served without
© The Baboon Saloon