Best served in a double cocktail glass
Strawberry Margarita (2)
Type: Short Drink
- 1 1/2 msr Gold TequilaSpirit distilled from cactus plants in Mexico. Golden tequila is matured in oak vats for three years where it mellows and changes to a golden colour.
- 3/4 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
- 1 msr Strawberries, PureedUse one of the following here - your choice:
- Whole, fresh strawberries - mashed with a fork or blended to a smooth puree.
- A tin of strawberries, blended.
- Bottled strawberry puree
- 3/4 msr Strawberry LiqueurSweet, rich strawberry-flavoured liqueur, sweeter and with a lighter proof than Strawberry Brandy - and with a lower fruit content.
- 1/2 msr Triple SecSweet, orange Curacao.
Substitute: Cointreau if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
Rim a frosted double cocktail glass with lemon juice and caster sugar.
Blend the ingredients with a glass of crushed ice.
Pour, unstrained, into the glass.
Garnish with half a strawberry.
© The Baboon Saloon