Best served in a liqueur / cordial glass
Type: Short Drink
- 3 tspn AnisetteSweet aniseed-flavoured liqueur.
- 1 tspn Blue CuracaoSweet orange-flavoured liqueur, coloured blue to add effect to cocktails. Other colours such as red, green and yellow are also available.
- 3 tspn Chartreuse (Yellow)Liqueur flavoured with lots of different herbs - available in green or yellow varieties, green being higher in alcohol content.
Where you'll find it in the duty free shop: France
- 1 tspn Cherry BrandyGrape brandy flavoured with cherries.
- 1 tspn Creme De Cacao (White)Chocolate flavoured liqueur made from diluted cocoa beans soaked in alcohol. Available in white or dark varieties - the white or clear variety does not include cocoa bean remains.
- 3 tspn GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
Mix the grenadine with the cherry brandy and add to a liqueur glass.
Mix the anisette with the creme de cacao and pour over the back of a spoon to make a separate layer.
Mix the chartreuse with the curacao and layer on top (pousse-café).
© The Baboon Saloon