Best served in a highball glass
Type: Long Drink
- 3 msr Ginger AleSoda with natural extract of ginger but milder in flavour than ginger beer e.g. Canada Dry.
- 1/2 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 1 msr Mandarin JuiceBottled or carton mandarin juice - or make your own freshly-squeezed using fresh mandarins. Mandarins are small, orange citrus fruits similar in taste to tangerines.
- 1 1/2 msr Whiskey (Scotch)Blended Scottish whiskey - a mixture of maize spirit and malt whiskey.
Substitute:Any other whiskey if you are not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic!
- 1/2 msr Sherry (Sweet/Cream)Fortified wine made from grapes laid out in the sun to increase their sugar content. With sweet sherries, brandy or dule is added during fermentation to retain sweetness. Oloroso and Cream are examples of sweet sherries.
Shake ingredients - excluding ginger ale - with a glass of broken ice
Pour unstrained into a highball glass
Add ginger ale
Garnish with an orange slice & a cherry
Note: Use single grain Scotch & dry ginger ale
© The Baboon Saloon