Best served in a whisky / rocks / old-fashioned glass
Type: Short Drink
- 1 tspn Caster SugarFine white sugar.
Substitute: Normal white or brown sugar, but stir or shake the cocktail well!
- 1 tspn GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
- 1 msr Soda WaterSparkling water containing bicarbonate of soda - found in bottles in the grocery store and good for heartburn!
- 2 msr VodkaClear, neutral spirit distilled from mashed grain and filtered through charcoal. US and UK versions are clear and odourless, while the Russian and Polish varieties have a subtle flavour and aroma.
Fill a rocks glass with broken ice.
Shake and strain the ingredients- excluding the soda water - into the glass.
Add the soda water.
Garnish with seasonal fruit and a mint sprig.
Note: The soda water is optional.
© The Baboon Saloon