Best served in a whisky / rocks / old-fashioned glass
Type: Short Drink
- 2 msr BrandySpirit distilled from wine of grapes or other fruits e.g. see Apricot Brandy, Cherry Brandy or Blackberry Brandy. Normal non-flavoured brandy is smooth to taste and amber in colour.
- 1 tspn Caster SugarFine white sugar.
Substitute: Normal white or brown sugar, but stir or shake the cocktail well!
- 1 tspn GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1 msr Lemon JuiceFreshly squeezed lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you.
- 1 msr Soda WaterSparkling water containing bicarbonate of soda - found in bottles in the grocery store and good for heartburn!
Fill a rocks glass with broken ice.
Shake and strain the ingredients- excluding the soda water - into the glass.
Add the soda water.
Garnish with seasonal fruit and a mint sprig.
Note: The soda water is optional.
© The Baboon Saloon