Best served in a goblet
Type: Long Drink
- 3/4 msr Coconut CreamSweet coconut cream, found in small cartons in the grocery store. Do not use coconut milk found in cans, or the liquid from fresh coconuts.
- 1 msr Coconut RumWhite rum-based coconut liqueur e.g. Malibu
- 1 tspn CreamDairy or non-dairy cream. Use whipping cream where possible, as some recipes require a portion of the cream to be whipped and floated on top of the drink.
- 1/2 msr Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 2 tspn Overproof Dark RumRum is a spirit distilled from fermented sugar cane, overproof rum contains more than 50% alcohol.
Substitute: Any dark rum if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
- 3/4 msr Sugar SyrupMake your own sugar syrup by dissolving equal quantities of water and sugar before simmering gently for 2 minutes. Cool and store in a bottle or jug.
- 1 3/4 msr White RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. White rum is clear, dry and light bodied, originating in Puerto Rica and matured for around 1 year before bottling.
Rim goblet with lime & sweet grated coconut
Fill glass with crushed ice
Shake & strain ingredients - excluding Overproof Rum - into glass
Garnish with a lime slice & a cherry
Add short straws
Sprinkle Overproof Rum on top
Note: Use whipp
© The Baboon Saloon