Best served in a whisky / rocks / old-fashioned glass
Type: Short Drink
- 1/4 msr Coffee LiqueurCoffee flavoured liqueur. Kahluah is made in Mexico, while Tia Maria is made in Jamaica.
Substitute: Any other coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 msr Golden RumSpirit distilled from fermented sugar cane. Golden rum is matured for around 3 years in charred barrels to mellow the flavour and produce the golden colour.
- 1 tspn GrenadineRed cordial with little or no alcohol content, made from pomegranates and used as a colourant in many cocktails.
- 1/2 tspn Lime JuiceFreshly squeezed lime juice or the bottled lime juice you can buy in the grocery store - up to you. Just don't use lime cordial instead!
- 1/2 msr Triple SecSweet, orange Curacao.
Substitute: Cointreau if you're not worried about your cocktails being 100% authentic.
Fill a rocks glass with broken ice.
Stir and strain the ingredients into the glass.
Garnish with a mint sprig and seasonal fruit.
Note: Use 1 msr Havana Club Old Gold rum and 1/2 msr Havana Club Extra Aged rum for an authentic cocktail.
© The Baboon Saloon